Sunday, January 20, 2013

Ham Gravy



There's this magical stuff called ham gravy.  I look forward to the holidays because of ham gravy. I don't care about presents, or seeing family until I've had my ham gravy.  I know, I know, it sounds really weird and or gross. But it is soooo good.  And once you try it, you'll be a believer too!

My dad makes a ham for Thanksgiving and for Christmas, so we get it twice a year.  There's a secret ingredient, and I swear if I was allowed to tell you I would, just so you could experience the magic yourself.  But I can't, it's a family secret, just like his awesome potato salad.

I told everyone at work about wondrous properties of ham gravy, and they didn't believe me.  Fast-forward to my co-worker, Sommer coming to my parents house for Thanksgiving last year.  I told her to trust me, try it, and let me know what she thought.  I swear that gravy boat wasn't more than an arms-length away from her the whole night!  She put it on everything!  I made her a believer, and I can make you one too.  Leave a comment, and maybe I'll tell you the secret ingredient.

Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment